We spend 3 hours and 15 minutes per day on mobile phones according to the latest research. That means over a month on the phone per year. According to the State of Media 2021 Report, 91% of Kenyans use smartphones to consume content.
For marketers, creating a mobile strategy is important because it allows you to reach your target audience where they are spending the majority of their time. This could include creating a website that is mobile-friendly, developing apps, or using location-based targeting to send ads to people near your store or restaurant.
By having a mobile strategy in place, you can ensure that your marketing messages are being seen by the right people at the right time.
Here are ways to create a successful mobile strategy.
- Make sure your website is optimized for mobile devices. This means the layout is easy to navigate on a small screen, and the text is easy to read without having to zoom in or scroll around a lot.
- Use responsive design when creating email campaigns, so they look good on any device size.
- You can also create targeted ads specifically for mobile users, or send out SMS or push notifications with special offers or updates.
- Make sure your social media banners are designed to fit on mobile devices. Remember, people use mobile devices on portrait, not landscape. It also means you create Instagram and Facebook artworks at 1080 x 1080 pixels and 1080 x 1920 for stories.
- Use location-based targeting when advertising online or through social media platforms like Facebook and Twitter. This will ensure that your ads reach people who are physically close to your business.
- Experiment with different types of content, such as short videos that fit on Tiktok, Instagram Stories and Reals. Create infographics and interactive content, that work well on smartphones and tablets.
Mobile strategies are essential for any business looking to stay ahead of the curve and connect with their customers in today’s digital age. By implementing a strong mobile plan, you can reach more people while staying within budget – making it a win-win for everyone involved!
Author: Francis Waithaka: CEO and Lead Trainer, Digital 4 Africa. 21 Years Of Experience In IT And Digital Marketing.